gscartsw v3.4 RGB SCART switch.
Domestic (Priority Mail): $20
International (First Class Mail International, tracked): $35
I’m not responsible for the customs fees, that’s something which is entirely on you.
The PCB and most of the soldering is performed in China, case assembly, testing and shipping is done by me at my home (my wife occasionally helps me with that). That said I’m one busy guy, please be patient. I’m not responsible for the customs fees, that’s something which is entirely on you. The switch doesn’t alter the signal and very few VGA monitors support low resolution signal so please don’t rely on VGA monitor as your primary display device. Main purpose for the VGA connector is this nice VGA->BNC cable which can be used to connect the switch to BVM/PVM monitors. Game consoles compatibility is very high but depending on your setup you may have to do some adjustments and basic understanding is required. While I always state that RGB-modded consoles are “unsupported” most of them work fine. Most users are able to resolve compatibility problems on their own, there is a support topic here. While I am doing my best to help everybody, I don’t have every console / revision here and I may simply lack the time needed to troubleshoot every possible hardware combination. If you disagree on anything written here – please don’t buy.
1. 8 SCART inputs;
2. SCART / VGA simultaneous output;
3. 3.5 audio jack output;
4. Design with focus on video quality;
5. Automatic switching (sync based signal detection, no power pins needed);
6. Integrated sync stripper (ON/OFF switch);
7. Integrated DC Restore circuit;
8. Integrated video amplifier;
9. VGA HSync/CSync mode selection (ON/OFF switch);
10. EXT header support to query enabled input;
11. PSU polarity & overvoltage protection;
12. Externally powered (standard 2.1 DC jack, 7-12V, center positive), hi-quality universal power supply is included.
Discussion / Progress / Support thread:
(I highly recommend this website for everything RGB-related videogame info)