gscartsw_lite – Automatic 8:2 RGB SCART switch with sync regeneration.
SUPERGUN WARNING: I had multiple switches for the repair because of Windy Gaming SuperGun damage, more information in my support topic. I don’t own it and I don’t plan to look into it. In this particular case I won’t provide any support regarding SuperGun damage. You’ve been warned.
Current version: 1.5
Domestic (Priority Mail): $17
Canada (First Class Mail International, tracked): $23
International (First Class Mail International, tracked): $30
I don’t offer combined shipping for the following reasons:
1. the international shipping is cheaper if I ship several smaller boxes rather than one larger;
2. minimizes my fees in an event of a lost package;
3. greatly simplifies my order processing and saves a lot of my time.
I’m not responsible for the customs fees, that’s something which is entirely on you.
Main difference between this and gscartsw is switching circuit and removal of VGA / 3.5 audio jack in favor of the second SCART output. Observing gscartsw usage I figured out that very few users use the VGA port in H/V sync mode (canonical VGA provides separate Horizontal / Vertical sync). If you own gscartsw you probably know that VGA output has two modes: CSYNC and HVSYNC, controlled through a toggle switch (CV/HV). Usually VGA output is set to CSYNC mode and VGA2BNC cable is used. So that said I decided to replace VGA port with second SCART output. This will make the switch cheaper as less components will be used (no VGA, no audio jack, smaller footprint, less logic). Another feature is sync regeneration, this feature is supposed to fix all sync level issues which are often an effect of incorrect modding. Sync signal is detected by Altera and level is automatically set to compatible, everything else is stripped, like LM1881/EL1883 IC but much faster, you won’t see a big image shift anymore, something very visible when LM1881/EL1883 is used. Switching circuit is also different here (Altera utilized) and it is cheaper to manufacture while maintaining the same set of features. Don’t be misled by the name, think of this project as a “gscartsw next”, reiteration of gscartsw and an effort to make it cheaper yet retaining highest possible picture quality. Other than that it’s still good old gscartsw.
1. 8 SCART inputs;
2. 2 SCART outputs;
3. Simultaneous output support;
4. Design with focus on video quality;
5. Automatic switching (sync based signal detection, no power pins needed);
6. Sync regeneration (ON/OFF switch);
7. Integrated video amplifier;
8. EXT header support to query / override enabled input;
9. PSU polarity & overvoltage protection;
10. Externally powered (standard 2.1 DC jack, 7-12V, center positive), hi-quality universal power supply is included.
Discussion / Progress / Support thread:
26 x 13 x 3.5cm
Vertical Mount Brackets:
Wonderful gscartsw user ChrisTheMeat designed vertical mounting brackets and published his work here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2753938